The birth of our little Charly was in one word miraculous, but so was the pregnancy.
Our story starts New Years Eve 2012. We are over and Annie's and Travis' home. We decided that we would no longer be on birth control and instead use other forms of birth control.
Fast forward to March 3, we were driving from Nancy's home and decided that we were ready to start trying for a family.
That entire month I kept noticing some changes with my skin, hair, and body so of course I was thinking " I'm pregnant!!" On March 25 I decided to take a test because I had a dentist appointment and couldn't do The laughing gas if I was pregnant. I was dumb and took it at work during my lunch break. Sadly, it was negative. All I wanted to do was go home and wallow in my emotions.
On March 30 we went dinner with the whole family in Salt Lake. During dinner I was certain I had started my period. I was currently 6 days late. Anissa and I drove up to her house and Shane and Charel drove behind us. On the way I told Anissa about the last month and she said to take a test. I told her that my heart couldn't handle another negative. Needless to say I took a test at her house and like she suggested to pee on it the whole time, not just for 5 seconds. I refused to look and it and proceeded to wash my hands. I took a peek and noticed a pink line, told myself it was nothing and walked out. Anissa asked what it said and I told her I wasn't going to look. She walked in and took one look at it and looked at me with THAT look and I knew. "I was going to have a BABY!! " I started crying and ended up on the floor. Haha! She went and grabbed Charel who was outside talking with Shane. He came in and just held my emotional bum! We were in shock!!
Then we went to go tell Annie because I couldn't keep it in.
The next day we announced it to all of the family and then the day after was April Fools Day. We thought either we wait till Mothers Day or tell people on April Fools. So we told people on April fools. ;)
The first few weeks went really quick! Then came the month to find out the gender. Man those 10 says dragged!
July 10, 2013 I officially felt our little Sea monkey move. I has small movements in the week before but this was undeniable.
July 11, 2013 we found out we were having a GIRL. It was so exciting! We knew Charlotte Victoria would be our little miracle!
The last part of the pregnancy went a little slower which was fine. We had the showers thrown by all of my wonderful friends and family. We got her clothes put in her closet and bedroom set up.
My due date was December 5 but everyone kept telling me that I was going to deliver early.
Don't, I repeat, DONT ever tell a pregnant woman she will deliver early. Messes with her brain. Only my friend and co worker Shannon said is go late. Her reasons were because December 6 & 7 were the busiest days because of the Holiday Food Festival. She said I could go into labor on the 7 in the afternoon.
December 7 I went to work with some back pain but I expected to have some because I did an 11 hour shift the day before.
Faylynn who was helping me with the Event kept telling me I was in labor. I didn't think so, but oddly I kept wetting my pants. I thought 'jeez Tiane how old are you. Stop peeing yourself' haha! I needed to get some food but nothing, NOTHING sounded good. I grabbed some celery but one bite I was done. I called Anissa and told her what was going on, she suggested to go to the hospital.
I told Shannon, I was in tears because my nerves were going crazy!! I drove home and got Charel. We drove to the hospital and the nurse checked me as said that my water was leaking towards the top and that's why I was 'peeing' my undies all day. We had already called Annie, she was going to be there for the labor.
I will write about labor and Delivery in the next blog, that is my favorite part and want to make sure I get all the memorable details written.
No comments:
Post a Comment