We started February out with a bang. With Charel's Birthday on the first we had a dodgeball game with family and close friends. We were expecting a call from Jordan School District. Charel had applied for Sub bus driver back in October. Sadly we didn't get a call.
We took the next day off at around 10 AM Charel got the call! He had just 4 days to do a physical, and test for a CDL. We went up to Shane and Anissa's and he studied for 6 hours! We went and got his physical up in Layton and had to do the Turn Your Head and Cough routine. Awkward... He passed with flying colors.
On Friday Charel dropped me off at Johns while he went to the DMV to test for his CDL. We put on Batteries Not Included (Boring) and waited. 45 min later Charel got back... He didn't have all the paper work that he needed. We were worried that this would delay or stop the Job. He called the District and they said that he had until the following Wednesday.
Needless to say Charel became stressed and over whelmed all weekend.
Monday he started... Afterwards he came home and studied for a few hours and then he was off to take his test. He passed! We went to Chilis to Celebrate!!
It has been three weeks now and he is loving it!! He should hopefully be driving by himself soon!
Ah, come on now. I still say that Batteries Not Included is a true classic. But I am older than you and I guess you're generation is more looking for explosions or very complex plots that I'm too old to understand. Ha! No, I guess it can be boring. After all, I watched it back when I was like 10 or something and to a 10 year old it was pretty neat. (Well, except for that really inappropriate painting scene that they just threw in there so they could rate it PG instead of G to get more movie goers.)
ReplyDeleteAnyway, nice to see you in the blogging world. You should check out us other work people blogs. I know Amber, Wendy, Kendra, Haley, Missy, and probably some more have our own blogs.