Sunday, March 27, 2011

Worst Fear Comes True

Since we've moved in we have had a few visits from maintanience to fix a few items. On Saturday March 26, I was scheduled to work the 8-4 shift. Charel left for work around 6:30 am and I got up about 7:00. Like every other morning I showered first. Something did not feel right. It was the shortest shower in history! I got out and usually dry my hair before I get dressed but I had a bad feeling so I decided to dress.
I brushed my hair, opened the back door to air the apartment from diesel fuel smell and ate. I proceeded to my bedroom to dry my hair. I was just about done when I heard my blinds moving. I thought we were in for another storm and went to close them. That's when I saw the guy in my apartment. I thought he was maintanience and asked what he was doing here. He fumbled for words. I got angry and yelled you can't be in here without my permission. I then said get the F out as I pointed to the door. He took off.
Then it hit me. He had to unlock the FRONT door to get out of my apartment!! I instantly called Charel who rushd home. I called out apartments Courtesy Officer twice with no help! Finally I called Sandy police who sent a cop out. They couldn't find the man. Nor would they do a finger print check because they don't know the intent of the intruder.
I was crying all Sat and most of Sunday. I no longer feel safe anywhere. I hate that feeling!!

No comments:

Post a Comment